As the spring market is in full swing and home prices are ticking up, mortgage rates have moved higher in recent weeks as well. Freddie Mac reports that the national average rate for a 30-year fixed-rate mortgage rose to 3.17% with an average of .6 points. While rates are still below the average of 3.5% for the same week last year, the year over year comparison has been tightening in recent weeks.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending March 27:
- New Listings decreased 3.8% to 1,479
- Pending Sales increased 15.5% to 1,327
- Inventory decreased 49.0% to 4,992
For the month of February:
- Median Sales Price increased 11.5% to $314,000
- Days on Market decreased 31.3% to 46
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 2.1% to 100.1%
- Months Supply of Homes For Sale decreased 47.1% to 0.9
All comparisons are to 2020
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From MAAR Market Data News.